iDeal voor Shopify
iDEAL payment gateway met Mollie
Yes! iDEAL is nu ook beschikbaar voor alle Shopify Klanten. Let op! Je dient wel in het bezit te zijn van een zakelijke bankrekening in Nederland en je moet ingeschreven staan bij de KvK.
Hoe werkt iDEAL voor Shopify?
How does an iDEAL transaction work?
To make a payment on your store website:
- Your customer clicks on the iDEAL payment icon at checkout.
- They click on their own bank from the drop-down menu.
- Their online account page opens with the payment authorization fields pre-populated.
- The customer completes authorization of the payment (they can’t reverse the payment once it’s been authorized.)
- The amount is immediately debited from the customer’s account.
- You receive confirmation that the funds have been secured, enabling you to ship immediately.
- Payments are credited to your account at the same speed as any other credit transfer.
The minimum transaction amount is 1.25 euro.
You might want to let your customers know which banks currently participate in the iDEAL payment scheme. The following banks currently offer iDEAL as a payment mechanism:
For the latest information for consumers, visit or direct your customers to the CONSUMERS section of the iDEAL website, available in Dutch or English.
What does iDEAL cost?
Mollie will charge you 0.45 EUR maximum for every successful transaction. Mollie charges no other fees aside from this.
These are preferential rates for Shopify merchants. To qualify, you must complete the Partner registration page when you sign up with the Mollie payment gateway. Do not sign up at Mollie’s main registration page.
Your Mollie transaction costs are additional to the fees you pay for your Shopify account.
How do I set up the iDEAL payment method?
To offer iDEAL payments on your website:
- Sign up for a free Shopify merchant account with the Mollie payment gateway
- Create a website profile in Mollie for your online store
- Provide identification and security information to activate iDEAL in Mollie
- Complete the activation in your Shopify Admin.
Creating your Shopify merchant account with Mollie
- Follow this link to register for a free account with Mollie.
This signup page is especially for Shopify merchants. To qualify for preferential rates on Mollie transactions, make sure you register your account here rather at the main Mollie signup page.
- Fill in your details, then scroll down and click the link to accept the terms and create your account.
- When your account is confirmed, you’ll see this screen:
- Now check your email for a message from the Mollie team. The email contains:
- your Mollie Partner ID
- the username you chose when you registered
- a password generated by Mollie (you can change this later)
- the link you need to follow to complete your account registration
- a link to the Mollie Payment Methods page
- a link to a general information page for iDEAL.
Click the link in the email to complete your account registration with Mollie.
After you’ve confirmed your registration, you’ll be able to log in to your Mollie account at any time by entering your username and password in the top-right of the screen.
- When you’ve clicked the link to complete your registration, you’ll be taken to your Mollie account page. The first thing you should do is change the password you were given to something more memorable.Click Wachtwoord (Password) in the left-hand navigation.
- Complete the fields and click Wachtwoord wijzigen (Change password) to reset your password.
Creating your website profile
You need at least one website profile on your Mollie merchant account before you can activate a payment method:
- From your Mollie merchant account page, click Websiteprofielen (Website Profiles).
- Click the link to create a new website profile.
- Type in all the information requested in the form. Take care to accurately complete all the fields. The details you give must match those in your website and your official business documentation.
You can create a number of different website profiles if your business operates more than one online store. You can view all your current website profiles by clickingWebsiteprofielen (Website Profiles) at any time.
- When you’ve finished, click the link at the bottom to create your site profile.
When you’ve completed the website profile, two API keys are displayed on your profile screen:
- a test API key which you can use for test payments
- a live API key which will not work until you activate the iDEAL payment method.
Activating the iDEAL payment method from Mollie
Make sure you’ve created a website profile before you attempt to activate iDEAL.
To activate the iDEAL payment method from your Mollie account:
- From your new account page, click Betaalmethodes (Payment Methods).
- Click on the iDEAL logo to open its contract page.
- You’ll see a number of sections which you must complete, either by supplying information or uploading copies of identity documents.
- You’ll need to supply your business bank account details if you haven’t already. ClickBankrekening toevoegen (Add bank account) to add your account details. (You can also do this by clicking Bankrekeningen from the left-hand navigation.)
When you’ve activated iDEAL in your Mollie account, you need to complete the activation in your Shopify Admin.
Completing the iDEAL Activation in Shopify
You must complete the activation of iDEAL in Shopify (open a new browser tab if you need to.)
- From your Shopify admin, click Settings, then click Payments (or press
- Scroll down to the Alternative payments section and click Select an additional payment method.
- Choose iDEAL via Mollie from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your live API key and click Activate.
Where can I get iDEAL banners and logos for my storefront?
iDEAL provides a range of both static and dynamic banners and logos, which you can use if you want to promote the iDEAL payment method on your store. Using a dynamic banner means that you need only install it once and it will be automatically updated.
The example here shows how to install the iDEAL logo on an English-language storefront. For full details of iDEAL’s banners and logos, check out their guidance in Dutch or English.
Embedding iDEAL’s promotional materials on your website is an unsupported customization, which means that we won’t be able to help you if you run into problems.
To install the iDEAL logo on your website:
- Visit the Full size static iDEAL banners and logos page.
- From your Shopify admin, click Online Store, then click Themes (or press
- Find the theme you want to edit, click the
...button, then click Edit HTML/CSS:
- Click on the Assets folder to open up the folder, then click Add a new asset.
- Browse to the iDEAL logo file on your computer and click Upload.
- You can now edit your
checkout.css.liquidfile or other theme template file to incorporate the iDEAL logo as you choose.
You have access to the checkout.css.liquid file only if your store is on Shopify Plus. If not, you can still add the iDEAL logo to other template files.
For complete information about the iDEAL payment method and setting up a merchant account with Mollie, visit:
- the iDEAL website in Dutch or English
- the Mollie website.